Con Committee Available Positions
Please note that this is a volunteer role. CONfabulation is a fan run convention, so we rely on the contributions of the fan community to keep ourselves going!
If you’re interested in applying, please feel free to send an email to email@example.com!
Social Media Coordinator
As a con full of intensely online folks, social media is mission-critical for CONfab’s success. If you love copywriting and social media, we want to hear from you! We’re looking for an enthusiastic candidate, and we’re happy to train the right person, so all experience levels will be considered.
Looking to build your résumé? The official responsibilities are below, but there’s plenty of room to expand and customize this role as you see fit!
- Write copy for all con announcements and post to our platforms (including Twitter, Tumblr, Dreamwidth, Facebook, and Conline).
- Write copy for and send out newsletter updates.
- Monitor activity in our social media feeds and replies. Respond to engagement with our posts on all social platforms. When needed, escalate questions and comments to other members of the Con Comm.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to expand our social media footprint, reach a wider audience, and improve engagement on our posts.
- Familiarity with Google Calendar (required) and with our social media platforms (preferred).
- Available to attend Con Committee meetings, which happen, on average, once a month for an hour or two.
- Free to commit 2-5 hours a week to this role.
If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We’re happy to answer any questions you may have, and we’d love to have you join our team!