Last updated and effective December 2023
Information we collect about you
We collect information from you when you register on our site, fill out a form, or register for a convention. When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or PayPal address. Visits to our website for any other reason are anonymous.
How we use your information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To personalize attendee experience
- Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs; i.e. dietary restrictions for CONfabulation events, etc.
- To improve attendee experience
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your requests and concerns.
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of facilitating your registration and/or participation in the con.
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for registration processing may be used to send you updates about your registration, to request further information, to request feedback on your con experience, or inform you of future CONfabulation events. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time using the link located at the bottom of any CONfabulation email communication.
How we protect your information
We take seriously the security of your personal information; however, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We take all reasonable measures to protect your information, but we cannot and do not guarantee its absolute security.
All payment information is processed through third parties (e.g., PayPal), which are governed by their own separate and independent Privacy Policies. We do not receive or have access to any sensitive financial information from third-party payment processers. Information provided to us by these services may include, at most, your name, email address, and mailing address. This information is only accessible by the CONfabulation Directors and select members of the Attendee Affairs Team, who are required to keep the information confidential.
Your sensitive financial information (credit card details, bank account numbers, etc.) is never stored on our servers or accessible to CONfabulation personnel.
Disclosure to Outside Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, with the exception of trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or hosting our event, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Our website may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any third-party sites or services.
Cookies and Do Not Track
Accessing and Updating Information
We will provide information upon request as to what personal data is stored about you. In addition, we will correct or delete personal data at your request, except as otherwise required by law. Please send requests regarding your personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org.